Wednesday, April 30, 2014

If It Weren't For You

    Sad revelation I've dreamed of tonight
    In darkness of my timid, cold room:
    World without you just happened for a moment
    Shadow of doubt had started to bloom.
    Who'll understand it? Whom would I tell it?
    Who's left here for me? What should I do?
    My aimless wandering somehow to stop
    who could ever do it, if it weren't for you?
   
    When day again melts into defeat
    And hour after hour is ticking away
    "It will be better", You come and say
    Cast away sadness and with me stay.
    Give me your hand, put up on my feet
    Show me your smile, warm like a truth
    Faith and courage for new tomorrow
    Who'd give it back to me, if it weren't for you.
   
    At times happiness streams down our faces
    And from your lips song starts to flow
    Dreams become ever so real
    Spring evening with you peacefully glow.
    Most beautiful things of all the world
    And sky forever to remain blue
    Holy love always to be by your side
    Whom could I wish to, if it weren't for you?
   
    So many things we have done together
    Happiness and sadness we've felt the taste
    Witnessed many beautiful mornings
    Not single moment with you was a waste
    Don't worry, realize: for friend of mine
    I will do even what's not allowed
    As long as the last wish has not come true
    Who friend would be if it weren't for you?
   
    Get up, move, and brave you stay
    Rough roads of life walk with no fear
    Let the Earth crumble, let people know
    When fearless walks, how does it feel.
    And even when you think:"Oh,it's not easy"
    Let heart beat mighty and tell the truth.
    Who'd make this gray, sad world look better?
    No one and never, if it weren't for you.
   
2001

No comments: