Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Inferno

Shadows of doubt are looming
Deep, within darkness of soul
Who can put out the heart that is burning?
And turn it not into the lifeless stone.

The brigades of firemen are waiting
But they cannot wait for much longer
The flames overtaking
With each second they grow stronger

Who has been playing with fire?
Forces we cannot control
Who colossal love and admire
Has turned into the darkest hole?

Trapped in the inferno rising
With smell of your own burning skin.
To me is all but surprising!
Now scream and running begin.

But wait for another second
Clouds are bringing the storm
No firemen will be needed
When Almighty starts to perform.

With each drop the flames are choking
My soul is parting away
The rubble of what heart was, still smoking
As I whisper, finally pray

What good was the honesty, dear Lord?
When only ashes it brought
And all those battles I once fought
for something that can't be restored.
Pull yourself out of my ruins
Now you can find your own peace
Fighting the odds and desire
In fire my heart has deceased.

2007

No comments: